Skip to content
Why Partner to Celebrate Preservation Week?
- strengthen community
- reach new audiences—increase participation
- inspire others
- museums and historical societies
- university, business, or other archives
- K–12 schools or classrooms
- graduate library or museum studies programs
- local businesses
- collector’s groups
- community organizations
Tips for Successful Partnerships
- Don’t begin by asking for money.
- Start small; build relationships over time.
- Develop a clear goal for this partnership—what will it achieve? What does each party bring to the table?
- Meet face to face with partner decision makers to present your vision.
- Use bullet points, simple language, and no more than 10 points to describe your vision and purpose.
- Draw up a written agreement that details responsibilities and resolves questions—it may take a several meetings.
- Meet regularly to discuss progress and perceptions with partners.
- Keep all stakeholders informed (use email, meetings, or another strategy).
- Plan internally about next steps for the relationship.
- No partnership is forever—plan for separation in advance.
- Thank your partner—in writing, in meetings, in public, and often!